As a general rule, you have to burn more calories than you eat for healthy weight loss. For weight management, you should stick to a long-term weight loss plan, which consists of healthy eating and exercise. There is no magic spell to lose weight overnight. But you can drop a bit of weight overnight by following a few simple methods. This result is not going to be permanent unless it is included in your exercise and weight loss methods.
- Don’t eat at least 3 hours before sleep. If you sleep an empty stomach, you may gain weightless next morning. If you sleep just after having meals, your body is not able to digest food efficiently. If your stomach is empty overnight, you won’t have any undigested food in your body.
- Get Cardio at least 2 to 3 hours before sleep. After a workout, you can improve your metabolism and burn calories very efficiently. It can help you burn more calories overnight than you would without exercise.
- Drink plenty of water as it can remove toxins from the body and cleanses it.
- Ditch carbohydrates. Though easy carbohydrates are digested quickly, starches and other complex carbs take too long to digest. Your body is not able to digest a very complex carb, cellulose. Hence, you will weigh more when you wake up. Carbohydrates absorb water too and you weigh a bit more because of water. Even after digestion, carbs are changed into glucose and then fat. To lose weight overnight, avoid carbohydrates throughout the day. Look for high-protein, low carb foods. These foods can also help you deal with your appetite.
- Sip green tea before sleep. It is because green tea can improve your metabolism and help you burn more calories. Along with it, aim to sip up to 3 to 5 cups every day.