Visitors have accessed this post 36 times.
A mere mention of cancer and you’ll definitely lose your peace as this incurable disease is still the worst nightmare of people. However, there are different stages and kinds of cancer that persist in the patients and they all require unique treatments. If everything works in your favor starting from early diagnosis to advanced treatment, you can overcome this difficult phase of your life. Blood cancer belongs to the same genre and here are things that you need to know about it.
Also referred to as hematologic cancer, Blood cancer is mostly sourced from bone marrow or the lymphatic system. Due to its direct and massive effect on the origination and functioning of the blood cells, the patient suffering from this type of cancer faces low blood cell production processes. As the count of abnormal blood cells increases in patients their ability to fight off infections and immunization against other diseases weakens. However, there are subcategories when it comes to blood cancer too and once can divide it into 3 major types:
- Myeloma: It is basically associated with the immune system and known to be affecting the plasma cells.
- Leukemia: It is the most commonly faced type of blood cancer that is associated with bone marrow. It makes the body generate unlimited white blood cells.
- Lymphoma: This condition leads the body to generate a large number of lymphocytes which ultimately affects the lymphatic system of a body.
Symptoms to identify Blood Cancer at an early stage:
As one of the commonly spotted types of cancer, Leukemia isn’t easily identifiable during its early stages. A lot of its symptoms are the same as some other ailments as well and that is why it is quite difficult to differentiate it from others. Although each kind of blood cancers are indicated by some specific symptoms, they share some common signs that can be used to identify cancer at earlier stages and start immediate treatment:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Loss of appetite
- Commonly caught infections
- Sweating in night
- The regular problem of chest pain
- Swelling in certain parts of the body
However, please be mindful that these symptoms might differ from age to age as most patients around the age of 24 suffer from acute lymphoblastic leukemia and you can only be certain about it once you consult an oncologist in India. Whereas people from the age group 25-49 differ from acute myeloid for which indications like bruising, weakness etc appear. In people over the age of 50, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia is usually found with conditions like swallowing of lymph nodes, fever, weight loss, and others.
Various stages of Blood Cancer:
As we are well-aware of the fact that the severity of the cancer is always measured in stages, the extent to which it has spread in someone’s body and its effect on other organs. Considering that this kind of cancer isn’t related to tumors so the staging process in it is defined differently. The stages of blood cancer are defined by the count of white blood cells and how badly it has affected other internal organs. Here are the four stages of blood cancer that are suggested by the oncologists or cancer specialists:
- 1st Stage: This is the phase where the effect of cancer is just limited to the lymph nodes and can be identified by monitoring the enlargement of the Lymph nodes.
- 2nd Stage: Lymphocytes suddenly start increasing at a very fast pace.
- 3rd Stage: Anemia becomes common in the third stage and the liver and spleen are enlarged.
- 4th Stage: The platelet count decreases as cancer starts to impact the vital organs of the body like the lungs. Anemia is known to be at its worst in this particular stage.
Unlike any other diseases, Cancer is most likely to be identified by getting the opinion of various specialists, and these days you can even commune with online cancer specialists in India for a consultation about your condition. The most important thing after getting diagnosed with cancer is to keep your composure and look for a suitable treatment like a bone marrow transplant (BMT) if required. BMT is a medical process carried out to replace bone marrow that has been destroyed by chemotherapy, infection or disease. Even getting in touch with an online oncologist for a second opinion is advised so that you can get the best care and medical facilities at your disposal. You can get access to multi-specialty cancer care units, clinical trials, and other outstanding treatment options that can be a ray of hope. However, you must not settle down for less and only choose an oncologist after conducting thorough research. Telemedicine in India is evolving with time and it can also be a guiding light when it comes to finding the right place for cancer treatments. We won’t say that it would be easy but with proper assistance, you can identify it early and get cured.