Studies have proved that drinking tea helps in living a healthy life. This is one beverage which is favored globally, but more so in India. Indians are ‘tea lovers’ as you find tea shops in every nook and corner. Drinking 2 to 3 cups of tea is a part of the daily routine in India. This concoction is not only relaxing but is also soothing and tends to relax you totally.
Before listing out the many ‘positives’ of drinking tea, listed are different types of tea available.
Green tea is sans any oxidation. Most of the teas are always green but change to different colors due to the process. After ‘picking’ the leaves of the tea is ‘fired’ for arresting the oxidation. This maintains the green color. These teas are steeped for a lesser amount of time at low temperatures. This produces a light cup of tea with less of caffeine.
During production the leaves of the tea go through a total process of oxidation. This is how this turns black. The water of the leaves evaporates totally and more oxygen is absorbed from the air around.
Total lack of processing to the tea leaves gives you white tea. The leaves of the tea are picked and dried gently. There is no intentional oxidation but a possibility of incidental oxidation to these leaves.
Oolong tea goes through oxidation partially. Baking is another method of making oolong tea.
Dark tea is from the Sichuan and Hunan provinces in China. This is considered to be an aged tea that steeps smooth. These teas can be compressed into different shapes.
Understanding the Benefits of Drinking Tea:
Tea is considered as a ‘healthy’ drink as this offers multiple benefits to the human body.
- Tea contains less of caffeine as compared to coffee. It is wiser to switch to tea if you are habituated to drinking a beverage in the mornings or the evenings. You do not need to limit your intake and can have four to five cups without any problems.
- The antioxidants present in tea are beneficial and can fight the free radicals. This can save you from pollution and other damage.
- Studies have proved that drinking tea can spare you from the risk of strokes and heart—attacks. This is more so for those who drink green tea. You can safely have 2 to 3 cups to avail the health benefit.
- Tea is also a solution for loss of weight. This helps in maintaining your weight and keeps you healthy.
- Green tea is known to prevent bone loss. Instead of all the supplements, why not choose few cups of green tea every day.
- Besides loss of bone, drinking tea is also known to avoid tooth loss. You can smile more often when you make drinking tea into a habit.
- Not everyone is aware that tea can boost your immune system. Basil tea is an ancient drink used in Ayurveda for boosting of the immunity.
Start today and enjoy the many benefits of this beverage without any side effects.
Originally posted 2020-08-09 06:03:30.