Visitors have accessed this post 172 times.
The obvious home for coconut oil is in the kitchen, as a culinary oil with a high smoke point and a wonderful hint of tropical flavor. Coconut oil has zero carbohydrates and features three medium-chain fatty acids: lauric acid, caprylic acid and capric acid—fatty acids that are metabolized quickly, providing a boost of energy to any dish instead of being stored as fat.
Coconut oil is also a natural moisturizer that nourishes and promotes healthy skin, and it has antioxidant properties. Many of our favorite coconut oil uses are cosmetic. It’s a popular ingredient in a wide variety of beauty products, including coconut oil body scrubs, coconut oil lotions.
Coconut Oil for Skin Care and Beauty
In addition to being an incredibly versatile ingredient in the kitchen, coconut oil is well known for skin care and beauty applications. In fact, when we polled our Facebook fans, we heard about more ways to use coconut oil for skin and beauty than for any other purpose. It’s a great moisturizer for skin, a wonderful addition to body scrubs, a perfect lip balm ingredient and it’s even used by some as a lubricant in the bedroom. Check out all the clever ways people use coconut oil for natural skin care and beauty below.
Coconut oil benefit includes:-
- Weight Management: studies have shown that coconut oil may help both men and women maintain a healthy weight, along with diet and exercise.
- Energy Support: coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) that your body uses for quick energy instead of storing it.
- Cardiovascular Health: studies have shown that the particular type of saturated fats within coconut oil may support healthy blood lipid levels already within the normal range.
- Cognitive Support: researchers say that coconut oil may provide energy for brain cells and boost brain function.
- Digestibility: MCTs are more easily absorbed than other types of lipids making it helpful for people with certain gastrointestinal health concerns.